How to go to Confession
- The Priest will greet you.
- The penitent says: “Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.” You then say how long it has been since your last Confession.
- The penitent tell the priest this sins and briefly answers any relevant questions.
- The priest will give you some advice and will assign you a penance.
- The penitent will next pray the Act of Contrition (See prayer below).
- The priest then gives the penitent absolution.
Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee and I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of hell. But most of all, because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life. Amen.