How to Go to Confession
For Children ages 7+
- The priest will greet you and together you say: “In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”
- You say: “Forgive me Father for I have sinned.” You tell the priest how long it has been since your last confession.
- You tell the priest your sins.
- The priests talks with you and gives you a penance.
- You pray the Act of Contrition. (See below.)
- The priest prays the words of absolution. Your sins are forgiven.
- You then say, “Thank you father.” You leave to do your penance and spend time in prayer.
Act of Contrition
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy. Amen.